Posted on 01/30/2014 10:28am by Michael Lawrence
The holidays are in the rear-view mirror, the year-end bonus check has been cashed and it’s time to re-evaluate and plan for 2014.
On the flip side, hospitals, practices and clinics are also re-evaluating their budget and hiring plans for the year.
Coupled with the above, 2014 residents and fellows are beginning to look for jobs as well, resulting in potentially a flooded candidate pool in your desired market during the first half of the year.
Make sure you put yourself in the best position possible: HAVE A GAME PLAN!
Items to put on your game plan check-list…
- Are you currently licensed in the state you want to practice? (If it’s a desirable job you can bet other candidates will be licensed already)
- Do you have a house that needs to be sold? Start looking into average timeframes to get through the process.
- Do you have a spouse that also needs to find a job before committing?
- Do you have a visa requirement that needs to be satisfied?
- What is the non-compete in your current contract?
- How much notice do you need to give your current employer?
- Do you have any already planned vacations or time off?
- Are your current benefits changing in 2014?
Of course, the above is just a start, your recruiter will advise you on all the necessary considerations during your job search. For more information on available physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant opportunities please contact myMDcareers at 561-451-2211.